Teresinha makes handmade paper from shredded plant fibre, shredded computer printout and banana and onion skins, sweet corn husks and tassels, leeks and straw. Seeds from dandelion clocks and from other plants provide further interest. These are incorporated into the design panels of her greeting cards (now on Tropical Birthday Cards and Tropical Valentine Cards).
Some types of handmade paper
Starting from the top right corner in the photo above and moving downwards;
1. Blue-faced Leicester An off-white paper made with inclusions of Blue-faced Leicester sheep's wool that is first spun with a drop-spindle and then dyed with woad.
2. Banana Skin A beige paper with many dark inclusions from banana skins.
3. Onion Skin A salmon-red paper made with onion skins.
4. Weld-dyed paper A yellow paper dyed with weld.
5. Sweet-corn tassels A white paper with included silk tasselling of sweet corn heads.